Below you can find rules everyone who wants to have a beautiful and healthy smile must know.
Theoretically we know most of them but we don’t always follow. Thus, for all those who happen to forget about their teeth, we have summarized the most important care principles:
- If you can, brush your teeth every time you eat something. If you cannot, rinse out your mouth with water or chew mint gum (must be sugar-free).
- Use a dental floss once a day. It will help you remove all leftovers a toothbrush did not manage to remove.
- Visit a dentist twice a year. It is better to be super cautious than let our teeth be in poor condition and go to the dentist on a regular basis.
- To avoid tooth decay, cut down on eating simple-sugar products (these products contain sugar and mealy products, such as white bread or pastas).
- Healthy teeth must chew, so provide them with products which force them to work – hard fruits or wholegrain bread.
- Calcium is a basis for strong enamel so consume calcium-rich products, such as yoghurts, kefirs, cheese, buttermilk and fish.
- Healthy teeth also means healthy gums – remember about vitamin A which strengthens gums (you can find it in fish, cheese and green vegetables).
- Mouthwash is a strong tool in fighting against bacteria. It also makes your breath fresh for a long time.
- A dentist is not the only dental surgeon we should remember about – it is equally important that we visit an orthodontist. Improper arrangement of teeth may lead to aesthetic and health problems (cavities arising from jamming).
10. What is important is not only food but also the order of consumed products. It is advisable to start from sugar-rich products, and finish with anti-cavity products (e.g. vegetables). It is also essential that we avoid sneaking between meals.